MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Experience using Paulson training

treschly

Experience using Paulson training

Post by treschly » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Would anyone be willing to share their experience with Paulson Training? We are contemplating purchasing Paulson's training materials for Single Screw Extrusion. Whether Extrusion or another process, did the Paulson training materials have a positive impact on retention and engagement? Has the overall skill level of operators and technicians increased noticeably? Lastly, do you feel the training had a lasting impact on performance related to efficiency and scrap?

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to offer.

Tom Reschly
Reschcor
treschly@reschcor.com

zbloodworth

Re: Experience using Paulson training

Post by zbloodworth » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Hello Tom,
We use Pauslon training programs and are very happy with what they provide.
You can reach out to our Director of HR for more info on what modules we have, etc.

His contact is:
Charly Rothe
270 965 9141 x251

Best regards,
Zack

Troyonix29

Post by Troyonix29 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 am

Tom, Par 4 Plastics is a heavy user of Paulson's training system.

Tim Capps, Par 4's President, is on MAPP's Board of Directors and can be reached at 270-965-9141 or at tcapps(at)par4plastics.com.

Let me know if this helps you!

Troy

colors2245

Post by colors2245 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am

Tom:
I wanted to add my experience with using the Paulson training system for Injection Molders. Some background info…This course was purchased to get 24 mold technicians on the same page speaking the same language and this program does a good job of doing that. It explains basic terms and concepts of the process in both written and visual form.
To answer your question on impact and engagement I personally feel that providing training in any form is a good way to get and keep people involved. The question on retention is a tough one as everyone learns @ a different pace/rate. So I would give a test on the current module before I would allow anyone to proceed to the next. If someone was stuck on something the test would flush out what area that individual needed some help in. I would continue to review those areas until that person was comfortable with the term or concept being taught.
Level of skill depends on the individual some will grasp concepts quicker than others. This is why I like different tier tech levels. All must start at the bottom and prove they are capable before being allowed to advance this also allows management to gauge a person’s skill set.
The training will help someone identify or define a root cause quicker then it’s up to them on how they go about fixing it.
Joe Cascarano
Technical Service Manager
jcascarano@colorsforplastics.com