MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Respiratory Protection & Hearing Conservation Program

allplastics

Respiratory Protection & Hearing Conservation Program

Post by allplastics » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Does anyone have a written respiratory protection program because you provide 3M half-facepiece respirator?

Does anyone required by OSHA to have hearing conservation program because of the abrasive grinding area?

Troyonix29

Re: Respiratory Protection & Hearing Conservation Program

Post by Troyonix29 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm

We are going to send this post to the regular participants of the HR peer networking exchange to see if we can get you some help!

Troy

lindawilkins414

Re: Respiratory Protection & Hearing Conservation Program

Post by lindawilkins414 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Our employees who work on our finishing paint line have the option to use respirators if they wish. We determined that from an OSHA standpoint, a voluntary program was sufficient, after having an EHS consultant conduct an assessment of the respiratory risks during a full shift. After medical evaluation and appropriate fit-testing, they use half-mask respirators with a filtering cartridge appropriate to the paint being used. We are just in the process of developing the written policies to support this program. I am not a long-standing expert on a respirator program by any stretch, but would happily share our learning curve and experiences with you if that would be helpful as you develop your program.

Due to the noise in our plant, we use an outside firm to conduct annual audio-metric testing for all our employees. They bring a van with the necessary equipment and conduct mandatory testing of all employees on all shifts over a 24 hour period. We have been doing these hearing assessments for years, so can detect changes for individual employees or any trends that might be developing generally. I am also happy to tell you more detail about this if that would be helpful.

You can contact me directly at 330.786.3067 if I can be of further assistance to you! Linda Wilkins, Ferriot, Inc.