MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

IQMS Real Time Production Monitoring

nmyersBB

IQMS Real Time Production Monitoring

Post by nmyersBB » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22 am

We are looking into the Real Time Production monitoring for IQMS. I am curious if more people are using wired connections versus wireless. Have you had issues with either?

dhermiller

Re: IQMS Real Time Production Monitoring

Post by dhermiller » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:26 am

Are you talking about Realtime Monitoring or Real Time process Monitoring.
We are using Realtime Wireless and in the process of implementing Realtime Process Monitoring Wired

jkunkel4125

Post by jkunkel4125 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 am

We use Real Time. The individual machine data collection units are hardwired to the machine but then we use a wireless network to connect all of the machines to a router that is hardwired to our individual computers. We occasionally have to re-boot the wireless router (maybe once or twice a year) but other than that we have not had any issues.

QAPInc86

Post by QAPInc86 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 am

Our Real Time is hard wired, but sometimes we have to reboot that too.

cbeavers

Post by cbeavers » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:09 am

Hello!

We have both wired and wireless MIU here within our facility. We went wireless when testing out the IQMS Lightstick as well as the RT Station. To me, it's really up to you and your technical team that will be tasked with maintenance of the unit(s). We have had IQMS for a very long time, and don't really see a huge plus or minus to say go one way or the other. I would talk to your team, and IQMS to determine that.

As far as RT Production Monitoring, it's something we live by. We have the RealTime screen displayed 24 hours in several areas of our plant, and office, so everyone can see what's going on "Real Time" without hitting the floor, which comes in handy for meetings, brainstorm sessions, etc. (it's important to be on the floor, but you know what I mean).

If you have any questions that I can help with, reach out cbeavers@par4plastics.com

Thanks,
Chuck

vpsdodge

Post by vpsdodge » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm

We use wireless RT monitoring with no problems. I have a separate workstation that runs the RT server app which collects all the data and then passes that data onto our IQ production server.