Located in Menomonie, WI
APPLY HERE: https://www.eirmed-devices.com/jobs/production-manager/
Directs all activities relating to Manufacturing: delivering production attainment, ensuring accurate system inventory, and achieving top part quality. Drives and coordinates activities meeting business plan objectives and performance indicators. Works with HR Manager for Plant safety and training. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance addressing complaints and resolving problems. Familiar with OSHA and EPA requirements, as well as safety policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, manages and controls operations. Recommends manufacturing methods, equipment and layout.
• Recommends enhancement and placement of plant equipment and facilities while working closely with Engineering & Maintenance.
• Establishes processes for continuous improvement progress.
• Drives progress in manufacturing strategies such as JIT, synchronous manufacturing, Kanban, visual control and other activities.
• Develops and maintains an effective inventory management system including dispositioning, line clearances, and cycle counting.
• Directs, coordinates, and develops floor supervision which are responsible for shift operation of presses and secondary operations. This usually entails a 24/5 operation dependent upon workload.
• Selects, directs and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly to this position.
• Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training and motivation of all personnel.
• Provides orientation and on the job training for subordinates.
• Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
• Directs the cross functional, customer focused team in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with business objectives/plans.
• Assists in the planning direction of production activities and establishes production priorities for products.
• Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
• Confers with management personnel to develop budget and cost controls.
• Submits budget for assigned activities in accordance with procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity to product specifications and operation and/or production problems.
• Assist in developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
• Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment to improve efficiencies of processes and quality of products.
• Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
• Meets daily to review production schedules and expedite workflow.
• Assists in pursuing new business for the company and launch readiness.
• Maintains appropriate communication within area of responsibility.
• Conducts meetings to resolve or affect settlement of personal complaints and refer unresolved issues to the HR Manager.
• Works with HR on developing training practices and works with Supervisors / Front Line Leaders to ensure training matrices are updated on a monthly basis.
• Administers performance evaluations as needed.
• Ensures safety awareness, practice and training occurs and is measured.
• Support Quality for corrective actions for non-conformances to product requirements, processes and system failures.
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
• Must be fluent in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors, particularly technical information.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Preferred knowledge of IQMS.
MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 post • Page 1 of 1