MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

USTR Injection Mold Duty Exemption

ttipler@falconplastics.com

USTR Injection Mold Duty Exemption

Post by ttipler@falconplastics.com » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 am

Good Morning All,

With the recent announcement from the U.S. Trade Representative exempting duties on injection molds from China retroactive to the date of implementation, July 6 2018, through December 28 2019, has anyone found information on the refund process associated with these duties?

Very Respectfully,

Travis Tipler

allplastics

Re: USTR Injection Mold Duty Exemption

Post by allplastics » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am

We are being told this only applies to Tier 1 and larger companies and not all injection molds. Does anyone know if this is true?

aturrell

Post by aturrell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi Travis,

During a recent peer networking session, MAPP sponsor and counsel, Alan Rothenbuecher from Benesch, actually gave a brief update on this. I believe his advice was to push this back onto them. You can get the recording of this here: https://www.mappinc.com/events/presiden ... etworking/ . I believe this was talked about towards the very end of the webinar. Additionally, all MAPP members receive a few free hours of legal service with Benesch, so I would encourage you to take advantage of this if you are getting pressured by your customers/need counsel in how other processors are handling it.

Hope this helps,

Ashley (Turrell) Burleson

HRothenbuecher2018

Post by HRothenbuecher2018 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 pm

The exemption applies to all; it is not limited to Tier 1 entities. The exemption relates to the mold, not the company importing the mold. Nothing released from the government yet on the process. With shutdown, they are ramping back up and rumor is the process/forms for seeking a refund will be released at the end of next week or early the following.

-Alan