MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Current Manufacturing Software

GSIB2017

Current Manufacturing Software

Post by GSIB2017 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Would love to hear what type of manufacturing software you are using. We are injection molders, using Macola Progression and it is on it's way to be discontinued. Not sure whether to go with the next version which will mean a lot of training or use this opportunity to move into something better suited for manufacturing companies. This was chosen for us 20 years ago when we were purchased from a large manufacturer and now may be the time to move on to something better. Also discussion of cloud versus data on a local server would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

jimeberle

Re: Current Manufacturing Software

Post by jimeberle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 pm

We're using Navision. It's an old software that we inherited from prior management. The current version is called Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Even though Navision's old and outdated, I have found it to be a very good manufacturing enterprise system. It was implemented very poorly so we don't get to use all of its functions. Many of our members use IQMS, and I have heard very positive things over the last several years.

GSIB2017

Post by GSIB2017 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks, we are using Exact Progression. Like you, we don't take advantage of all the functions. I will be retiring in two years and 20 years of Progression knowledge going with me...small companies just don't need all this elaborate software, but there doesn't seem to be simple inventory programs tied to order entry out there.

I appreciate your response.
Donna

eddieknapp

Post by eddieknapp » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:43 am

We use IQMS. We are a smallish company and it is probably overkill for what we need, but it works.

jbienias

Post by jbienias » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am

To me the obvious choice in our industry is IQMS. We have been on IQ since 2001 and believe it offers a great platform for managing a Manufacturing and Injection Molding business. I would guess something like 60% - 80% of the Injection molders of the year over the last 10 have been IQMS users.

ccwenk27

Post by ccwenk27 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:56 pm

We are in a similar situation. We are running on a traditional SQL on-premise solution called Visual AccountMate. We are trying to make a positive step to having a solution that will allow for better visibility to our operations and inventory. Looking at IQMS, Syspro, NetSuite, maybe Epicor, but very early stages. If you have IQMS questions, MAPP has a lot of expert users and a monthly discussion group. I found it useful to get an idea of capability.

GSIB2017

Post by GSIB2017 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:42 am

Thanks we are in early stages as well ...keep me posted and I will you. We are talking to IQMS..their licensing is concurrent and I like that and the pricing is more reasonable that what we have with Progression. It looks like IQMS is suited for an injection molder shop floor and we are liking that. We are also looking at Epicor. My email is dmr@gsib.com if you want to "compare" as we both go through this process.

cbeavers

Post by cbeavers » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 am

Good Morning,
We also use IQMS. We are plastic injection molding, and IQMS seems to fit our need. We have 50 molding machines currently, and IQMS is geared towards injection molding, plant floor and process visibility, as well as having a WMS software that can provide inventory and transaction visibility. Hope this info helps!

Chuck
Par 4 Plastics
cbeavers@par4plastics.com

GSIB2017

Post by GSIB2017 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:21 am

Thanks for your response.