MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Suspension of Tariffs

Joelbeau

Suspension of Tariffs

Post by Joelbeau » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi all,
I'm sure everyone saw the news at the end of 2018 that tariffs on injection molds have been suspended. This occurred at the same time the government shut down so it was assumed they would not be lifted until the government reopened. However, it appears they still have not been lifted. I've checked with our freight forwarder on a couple of occasions and they have yet to be notified by USTR that tariffs on injection molds have been suspended. I googled this topic again today and the only reference to the suspension of tariffs are the same articles that came out at the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019. The lack of information is a bit frustrating as several of our customers now assume tariffs are no longer in effect. Does anyone have any further information as to why the suspension has not yet been implemented and who we might contact to get more information as to why or when it might occur?
Thanks for any help you can lend!
Joel

allplastics

Re: Suspension of Tariffs

Post by allplastics » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:36 pm

We received news the tariff is now lifted or suspended.

Thanks,
Bradley