MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Detailed Cost Break Downs

j-harris@hofferpl.com

Detailed Cost Break Downs

Post by j-harris@hofferpl.com » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:31 am

More and more customers are asking us for cost breakdowns. They are very detailed and time consuming. To fill these out, we are sharing all details of our companies pricing structure. I am wondering how other companies are handling this.

Troyonix29

Re: Detailed Cost Break Downs

Post by Troyonix29 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:00 am

This has been a topic of discussion at several member forums because it is a strong trend.

Bottom line, Members in MAPP are having to defend their cost structures and are using a variety of mechanisms to do so. Some position this argument with request from customers to see financials of "I'll show you mine, but I want to see yours first."

Sharing of cost breakdowns happens in a variety of ways, but most refuse to give point by point breakdowns and work to ensure their information has an embedded layer that makes it difficult if not impossible to determine profitability per job.

More on request of financials: In MAPP's 2019 State of the US Plastics Industry Report, (Page 39) we discuss how plastics processors are handling requests to share financials with their customers. With over 200 organizations answering this question, 33% do NOT respond or provide any financial data; 10% provide adjusted financial data, 50% provide partial financial data, and 6% provide full financials.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Troy