MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Taking an equity position in a new program

polymer18

Taking an equity position in a new program

Post by polymer18 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Over the last year or so we have take a product from concept through testing and prototyping. It is now complete and we are about to start tooling. Now that we are close to beginning the program the idea of us taking a position has come up.

That said, I am looking for some insight from anyone who has done this and what their advice would be. Good stories, bad and all those in between. Thanks in advance.

p.s. If you have done this, please provide and idea of how you structured it and pros and cons.

Troyonix29

Re: Taking an equity position in a new program

Post by Troyonix29 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 am

I have not had this experience, but I am wondering if you are too late to claim an equity position in a program like this. Obviously there is risk, but often times, if there is risk, there is also reward. MAPP offers 3 free hours of legal assistance that might help you determine your decision avenue.

For more information, send an email to mkates@mappinc.com.

polymer18

Re: Taking an equity position in a new program

Post by polymer18 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Troy, thanks for the reply as well as the offer. I will think on this and get back with you shortly.