MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Plastics Processing Tech training

GregNiblett

Plastics Processing Tech training

Post by GregNiblett » Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am

Our company sends a couple people per year to outside plastics education classes. We have some experience with American Injection Molding Institute and RJG's Mold Master courses. We have looked at Paulson Plastics Academy, too. I am looking for opinions/comparisons from others with 1st hand experience with these and perhaps other sources for Process Tech training programs.
What are your suggestions for the best place to get this type of training and why? Any advice will be much appreciated.

ch3solutions

Re: Plastics Processing Tech training

Post by ch3solutions » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am

We use all the training you have mentioned. They are all pretty much the same training with the exception of RJG wanting to push the use of pressure transducers. Over my 26+ years in the business I have been through all the programs. This is my opinion, just because you send people through the training doesn't necessarily mean they can apply what they have learned. The management of the company must make the effort to allow the newly trained employee to use all the new knowledge. If they go through the classes come back full of new knowledge and hope just to get it crushed by "hurry up and just make parts" mentality you have wasted all the training that was given. To me, hands on training on your own equipment works the best. We brought in an outside training person on a weekend and trained our staff on our molds and our machines. I saw the best results doing this vs sending them to RJG or doing the online classes. I think training classes are needed but until the knowledge is applied on a daily basis, its just a nice piece of paper that cost a lot of money.